Emergency Hotline







Press Releases

We have 86 guests and no members online

You are visitor #





Mabini Shrine and Museum

In 1939, the people of Talaga Tanauan donated to the Municipal Council a piece of land to be used for the Mabini Historical Marker. The donation and acceptance ceremony was solemnized on the commemmoration of Mabini’s birthday on July 23, 1953. The site is also where his remains are interred after being transferred from Manila in 1957. A replica of the house of Mabini was reconstructed and was built on the very spot where the hero was born. Since then, the shrine remains an inspiration and symbol of greatness for every Filipino.

The city took pride in the celebration of the 150th Birth Anniversary of our greatest son and national hero, the city came up with a year-long activities participated by various national agencies, local government units, non-government organizations, PWDs and fellow Tanaueños.


 And last July 23, 2014, marked another milestone in the history of the city, the commemoration of Mabini’s 150th Birth Anniversary was graced by the His Excellency Benigno Simeon Aquino III, at the same time, the new and interactive museum dedicated to the life of our hero was inaugurated.


Laurel Ancestral House


Born of notable but humble parents, Pres. Jose P. Laurel was born on Tanauan on March 9, 1891. The late president’s ancestral house was built in 1880 and was restored in 1964. At present, it takes in valued works, furnitures and personal belongings which serve as legacy of the great statesman and political leader.



Old Municipal Building and Museo ng Tanauan


It was constructed during the term of Mayor Antonio Jose L. Dimayuga in 1928 until 1937. During World War II, it was converted to a hospital that later on was tranferred to the Laurel Ancestral House because of incessant bombing. During the term of Mayor Jose Corona in 1946, it was named Puericulture Center, then during the term of Mayor Pedro Gonzales (1951-1957), it accomodated various offices such as Municipal Library, Treasury, Police department, NSO, Post Office and Registry of Deeds. In 1960, the municipal government offices were tranferred to its present site. In 1996, under the term of Mayor Cesar V. Platon, it underwent total reconstruction, where he insinuated that the central portion be the Tanauan City Museum.

Today the Museo ng Tanauan houses a collection of priceless memorabilia of Tanauan’s history and culture as well as the legacies of its people. The museum is one of the most visited landmarks in the city as it continuously inspires and educates visitors on the rich heritage of Tanauan.



St. John the Evangelist Parish Church


It was first built in 1881, the design was heavily influenced by Romanesque and Renaissance architecture. During World War II, it was extensively damaged and was renovated in 1948 through the efforts of Monsignor Mariño and has been restored to its former glory.

Today, it continuously serves the religious needs of Tanaueños. It is also a pilgrimage site where the faithful can come and enrich their spiritual relation to God.



Downloadable Forms Permits

Application Forms


BFP Copy

Tax Payers Copy

 *Fill up and download this 3 forms.

Requirements Special Permit

Requirements Regular Permit

Contact Us

City Government of Tanauan

Address: Laurel Hill, Barangay Natatas, City of Tanauan, Batangas 4232 Ph

Phone: 043 728-9800